How Often Should You Get an Eye Exam?
If you wear glasses or contacts, it’s recommended that you visit the eye doctor once per year. Consistent eye exams are crucial to maintaining a correct prescription and overall eye health. When our customers ask us “How often should you get an eye exam,” we recommend the following:
- Adults with normal vision should get an eye exam every three years.
- Seniors, or adults above 60, should get an eye exam every year.
- Adults and children with prescription eyeglasses or contacts should get an eye exam every year.
What is An Eye Exam?
In addition to providing you with a prescription, an eye exam will give you a complete picture of your overall eye health, including any diseases or conditions you may be at risk for.
How to know if you need a new prescription
Common warning signs of an outdated prescription include:
- Frequent Headaches
- Blurred Vision
- Excessive Squinting
- Eye Fatigue
If you believe you have an outdated prescription, we recommend finding a licensed optometrist capable of providing a comprehensive eye exam. VC Vision would be proud to assist you, as well. It’s easy to call us at (817)-200-4333 or walk-in anytime to get a fast, precise eye exam.
Getting an eye exam is fast (and easier) than you think.
We know your time is valuable, and so is your vision. That’s why we spent years making precision eye exams fast and convenient.
Here’s how the process goes:
1. Our optometrist asks you to identify a series of letters or images at a distance. This is a basic measure of visual acuity. Next, he performs a refraction test. The results of both evaluations will determine your prescription.
2. The latest technology makes eye health screening a quick and comfortable process. Major eye health issues can be ruled out in under a minute. We check closely for conditions such as:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
3. Once you leave our optometrists office, our team is already busy preparing and shaping new lenses that match your new prescription.
We’re proud to offer fine eye care to our community. Schedule an appointment today and get help from an experienced optometrist and one the foremost eye care and vision specialists in DFW.
How long does an eye exam take?
At most optical clinics, eye exams can last all the way from thirty minutes to an hour. VC Vision regularly completes eye exams in 15 minutes or less.
How much does an eye exam cost?
Your insurance company may only cover a certain amount of your eye exam. VC Vision offers eye exams at affordable prices:
- For Glasses: $75
- With Glasses: $39.98
- For Contacts: $119.98
VC Vision offers affordable financing options on top of our already low prices. We also accept FSA and HSA insurance.
Come to VC Vision for your next eye exam
If you’re experiencing a common eye problem like blurred vision, or if it’s time for your next eye exam, come over to VC Vision.
We’re skilled eye care professionals born and raised right here in North Fort Worth. This is our community. So when we say we want to help, we mean it.
To get an eye exam, call us directly at (817)-200-4333 or schedule an appointment right from your phone.
The VC Vision Team